Friday 27 January 2012

First Post!

Exciting much?

So where shall we begin, the end is probably a good start.

One of my daily dilemmas...you may laugh...is which of my mugs to use. For some reason, (I'll get to that at some point,) i have a lot of random mugs, tea/coffee just tastes better from an awesome receptical right?
Case in point...

Cute right? This mug was bought for me, by my older sister for a Christmas, as were all of my mugs actually, which brings me to why i have so many. All of my mugs were bought for me by someone special, making someone a cup of tea is one of the simplest things you can do to show someone you care, this is a truth universally acknowledged, well at least in England.

 Why is this though?



2 comments:

  1. Hi Catherine

    A really interesting topic. There are some great books on the history and culture of tea and coffee which might be a good starting point for research. Try Helen Saberi, Tea: A Global History (Reaktion ) and Stewart Lee Allen, the Devil's Cup: Coffee the Driving Force in History.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this mug and understand you daily dilemma Cat! When making a cup of tea I always find myself hunting through the cup cupboard searching for the mug which best suits my mood. For example, when writing essays I always seem to make my tea in an Alice in Wonderland, or pink Winnie the Pooh Piglet mug. Maybe I hope their literary connections will give me some writing inspiration, but I think it is probably due to the fact that tea is my stress buster and these are amongst the largest tea mugs in the cupboard, which are also great for dunking biscuits. I also agree that drinking a cup of tea from a great mug, bought for you by someone special, is extremely comforting and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete